DriveCam pioneered a solution in 1998 – enabling continuous driver monitoring and exception-based video capture to identify patterns of risky driving behavior. In 2005, DriveCam introduced a comprehensive program for identifying, prioritizing and correcting the causes of poor driving – before they lead to a collision. This “programmatic approach” helps clients transform their safety culture and ensures bottom-line results: preventing collisions and fraudulent claims and saving lives.
In the event of an incident, similar to the “Black Box” on an airplane, DriveCam uses a palm sized digital video recorder and 2 lenses to capture a 180 degree view of the events in front of your vehicle as well as the actions of the driver.
Although DriveCam is constantly on the lookout, it is programmed to record only when an event is initiated. An event is initiated when the threshold level of G forces on the vehicle has been exceeded. Events can be caused by such actions as hard braking, rapid acceleration, harsh cornering, or by collision.
The initiation of an event causes DriveCam to record everything that it sees and hears, during a twenty second interval, commencing ten seconds before the trigger, and lasting through ten seconds after the trigger. In other words, digital technology allows the DriveCam system to reach back in its memory and record what transpired before, during, and after the event was triggered.
Passenger Safety is of the utmost importance to us. DriveCam assists Sterling in getting you there safely by using:
- Real-time in-vehicle feedback to engage drivers in self correction.
- Proprietary video & data analysis to provide a complete profile of drivers and driving.
- Flexible driver safety coaching and training methods.
- Online tools, such as dashboards for company-wide visibility and accountability & hotspot mapping for cluster analysis of risky driving events.
- Program reviews provide benchmarking and best practices.